What Are Some Design Factors That Influence the Search Engine Optimization of Your Website?
When you build a website, one of your main goals is to create an amazing experience for your customers. However, you also need a site that search engines can find so that people can visit your website and buy your products. It can be difficult to achieve this balance, especially if you have separate teams working on the web design and SEO aspects of the project.
(Looking for a “Shopify SEO company“? Contact us Today!)
1. On-page SEO – Content, Image, and Link Considerations
While Google is not responsible for the usability of your website, it does take into account the factors that influence its ranking. These include the following:
- Content – The search engine tries to understand the context of a piece of information. This is why it is important to make sure the content on your website is as relevant as possible.
- Embedded links – These are a great way to connect the pages on your website and are often a key factor when it comes to search engine optimization (SEO). This includes links within your own website and from outside websites.
- Keywords – A good strategy is to choose keywords that are closely related to the topics of your business. This will allow you to maximize your organic search results for those terms, and also help improve the user experience on your website.
- Images – This is another big factor when it comes to SEO. This is because a lot of searches are done with images, so making sure your images are well-optimized can be vital to your ranking.
- Navigation – The search engine has to guess how to navigate your website, so it is best to organize all the information in a simple and intuitive way. This will make it easier for your visitors to find what they are looking for and increase their engagement with you as a brand.
- Anchor text – This is another huge factor in search engine optimization, and should be considered when building out the content of your website. It is important to use appropriate anchor text when linking to other websites and to make sure that the links you have in place are from reputable and authoritative sources.
- Domain and Page Authority – Moz has codified this into a score that can tell you how likely a particular page or domain is to rank in search results. This can be a very helpful tool in helping you determine the strengths and weaknesses of your site.
The main reason why this is so important is that it gives you a better chance of appearing in search results when a user types in a relevant keyword. This is because Google can then recognize what that keyword is and know where to display it on the SERPs.