Google has played a bit with Google Maps and some things are no longer where they used to be. Especially on mobile devices, Google Maps changed a lot, receiving multiple improvements over the past year, causing your contributions to be hidden away and rather difficult to find. Fortunately, once you know how to get to your reviews or contributions, it will start to make sense why Google arranged them around a bit. Interested in ranking in the maps 3 pack? Call Phoenix SEO Geek today to get started.
Google Maps is where you want to go. The app is available on Apple iOS and Android devices. It is nearly identical on the two and getting to your Google reviews or contributions is the same.
- Open the Google Maps app
- Look at the bottom menu consisting of 5 icons and tap the one that is shaped like a plus sign with “Contribute” written beneath.
- In the new menu, scroll down a bit until you see a box that has the text “Your reviews received XXX views”. Beneath that text, there is a tappable link. Tap on “See your reviews”.
- All your reviews or contributions will appear. You can either edit them or delete them.
The browser version of Google Maps did not change that much. Some minor options were changed around but everything should be easy to find.
- Open your favorite browser and go to https://www.google.com/maps. You must be logged in into your Google account. If you are not logged in, click on the login button in the top right corner.
- There will be a white search bar with three horizontal lines on the left side of the box. Click on the lines.
- A new menu will slide from the left. In the third section of the menu, search for “Your contributions” and click on it.
- A new menu will slide from the left. Beneath your points, there should be four tabs. Click on the second one called “REVIEWS”
- Just like the mobile version, all your reviews will appear and you will be able to delete or edit them. There will also be an option to add a photo in the same menu.
If you are trouble finding your Google reviews, you can check the Google help section. Many users still use the help section to find things especially since Google likes to change things a lot. Most of the changes done by Google are quite subtle and while some things look the same, certain features may be moved around from time to time.
Keep in mind that the mobile version does not have a direct option next to each review to add a photo. Only the web version has that. However, since most of us take photos with our phones, adding photos to reviews can be done directly in the app by going to step 3 described above and clicking the add photo button.
If, by any chance, Google will move around things again, keep in mind that they like to hide your reviews under “Contributions”. Just look for “Reviews” or “Contributions and you should be able to find all your Google reviews.